Welcome to my stupid blog full of junk and have a nice time digging around. But remember fresh garbage doesn't smell nice.

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Georgia - Eurovision 2007 my Winner



Sopho Khalvashi - Visionary Dream

Last week Eurovision 2007 was held in Helsinki. If you haven't heard about it, it's the biggest song contest in Europe(not the Europian Union, but Europe as a continent) where artists represent their respective countries and they compete for best song/performance. It is a silly show since the winner is chosen by giving points from the countries which compete and the sum of the points choses the winner. I normally don't watch the show, I would rather spend an evening just staring at the stars with a case of beer beside me than watch artists who pretend to sing and have fun while smiling all the time just to get the attention of the pretending audience. So I turned on the tv without knowing the show was on and something caught my eye right away! It was a song which was sang so purely from heart from the very depth of her soul. It hit me emotionally with some kind of positive vibe and kept me there till the end of my journey. I was amazed to hear something like this at eurovision and I thought to myself it must be a definite winner! At my amazement for the second time, the song barely qualified for the next year and I thought either people are deaf for not voting for this, or it's all about politics at this show, and judging by the comments and opinions of the people trough-out the net I'm assuming it is the second one. The winner was a song called prayer from Serbia, not that the song was that bad, but it was a class lower than this.

No comments: